It’s been a year full of new achievements, significant Human Performance milestones and great rewards — and now, it’s time to pause and reset.
Throughout every program year, we collect information that helps us uncover opportunities for both your organization and your employees to reach their potential. And then, we formulate the plan to get there.
With all of this information in hand — including biometric data, assessment results, challenge engagement, point trends and user feedback — it’s time to prepare for the new program year. And the two weeks of downtime required for the ADURO platform to reset is a perfect time to realign goals, check in on company culture and do a mini-implementation.
Here are some tips from ADURO team members Connie O’Donnell and Erin Heyamoto to help you during the transition:
- Breathe! Resets do not need to be scary. This is a normal part of the process for any well-being program. Enjoy it.
- Thoroughly review your annual Human Performance Experience Calendar. This will be the roadmap for your entire program year. Dedicate the time now so it doesn’t need to be revisited throughout the year.
- If it’s not broken, don’t fix it. You don’t have to do a full overhaul if you and your population are happy with the direction and flow of your current program.
- Identify areas of confusion or excess effort and address them. It’s OK to consider your workload while thinking through program design.
- Consider the user experience first. Successful programs remove barriers to well-being, instead of creating them.
- Know your incentive budget – and be prepared to share! Yes, financial and other material incentives are important, but often the most powerful and motivating rewards come from within. How can your program incorporate these rewards?
- Have the key decision-maker on at least one reset call. This will ensure that important decisions impacting mission and objective alignment can be made quickly — and wisely.
- Be timely. The sooner we hear back from our clients, the sooner we can move forward in the reset process (including design, configuration and calendars).
On the opening day of the new program year, users will receive an email inviting them back into the platform. They’ll see that their points are reset to zero, incentive prizes have been updated, and most important, they have access to new challenges, digital programs and activities.
Are you ready for a great new program year? We are ready to help you create a successful, streamlined, easy-to-manage program!